Motorola Moto G8 Power is a battery centric device. It was announced alongside the Moto G8 Stylus which has a stylus pen. The Moto G8 Power main aim is to satisfy those battery drainers. It comes with a huge 5,000mAh battery. Let’s dive into Moto G8 Power specs.
Motorola Moto G8 Power Key Specs & Features
- 6.4 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2300 pixels (399 PPI)
- Android 10 Q
- 16 MP + 8 MP + 8 MP + 2MP Quad Rear Camera
- 16 MP Front Camera
- 9 RAM
- 64GB Inbuilt Storage Expandable via SDcard
- Fingerprint Scanner (rear)
- 4G LTE
- 5,000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
The rear of the Moto G8 Power is made from plastic, it has an aluminium frame and weighs about 197grams. It’s a compact phone having a dimension of 156 x 75.8 x 9.6 mm. The left side of the phone houses the SIM slot while the right side houses the volume rockers and the power button.
At the rear, there is a quad camera setup and a single LED flash for low light photography and it is beside the camera lens. Fingerprint sensor is at the rear center housing the Motorola logo. The smartphone really has a nice curved edges and that makes it easy to slide in a pocket.
Looking at the display, the smartphone has a punch hole display which is a home for the 16MP camera. It has a screen size of 6.4inch which has a resolution of 1080 by 2300 pixels. There is a 399 ppi density promising more accurate color reproduction than it’s predecessor.
The smartphones makes use of an IPS LCD display which has up to 16M colours. Bezels and chin on this phone are not quite big and that made it to have a screen to body ratio of 85.1%. There are two color options to choose from which are Smoke Black and Capri Blue.
Hardware & Software
What is powering the Motorola Moto G8 Power is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset which has an Octa core processor clocked at 2.0GHz. The processor is paired with a 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It is running on the latest version of Android which is Android 10.
For graphics or gaming, there is an Adreno 610 GPU taking responsibility of that. You can extend the storage further with a Micro SD card, though it uses SIM slot. Taking a flash back look at it’s predecessor, it comes with a Snapdragon 632 chipset and runs on Android 9 pie.
In terms of photography, the smartphone comes with a quad camera setup at the rear which includes a 16MP main camera with f/1.7 aperture, 8MP telephoto lens with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP ultra wide with f/2.2 aperture and a 2MP macro camera with f/2.2 aperture.
On the front, it has a 16MP camera for selfies or video calls with an aperture of f/2.0. The rear camera shoots 4k videos at 30fps and 1080p videos at 30 to 120fps. It also supports electronic image stabilization (EIS). The front camera also shoots 1080p videos at 30fps.
What is powering the Motorola Moto G8 Power is a huge 5,000mAh battery capacity and you can charge it up quickly since it supports 18W fast charging. Connectivity options includes Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS and FM radio. For security, there is a rear mounted fingerprint reader.
Motorola Moto G8 Power Price in Nigeria & Availability
The Motorola Moto G8 Power price in Nigeria starts from N90,000 which translates to $246 USD and it’s Availablity in Nigeria is not yet confirmed but we guess it might be available soon.
Note: This price listed here is what the smartphone is priced abroad and not in Nigeria. It might be priced at this amount if it arrives in Nigeria but there is a huge possibility that the price will change if it arrives in Nigeria. Just take this price as a pinch of salt for now.
Thoughts on Motorola Moto G8 Power
This is a good smartphone for those who loves playing games for long or watching videos. The 5,000mAh battery capacity is sure to last for a full day on a single charge and you can also top it up fast because it supports 18W fast charging.
The fact that it is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 chipset is a plus too, gaming on the phone will be smooth, likewise multitasking. Quad cameras at the rear promises better picture quality. All in all, the Motorola Moto G8 Power specs worth it.
Motorola Moto G8 Power - Full Specifications
|2G||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)|
|3G||HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100|
|4G||LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 28(700), 66(1700/2100)
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
|Speed||HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat13 600/100 Mbps|
|Announced||2020, February 7|
|Dimensions||156 x 75.8 x 9.6 mm (6.14 x 2.98 x 0.38 in)|
|Weight||197 g (6.95 oz)|
|Build||Glass front, plastic back, aluminum frame (6000 series)|
|SIM||Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
|Type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.4 inches, 100.7 cm2 (~85.1% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1080 x 2300 pixels (~399 ppi density)|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)|
|CPU||Octa-core (4x2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)|
|Card slot||microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)|
|RAM/ROM||64GB 4GB RAM
|Quad||16 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/2.8", 1.12µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, (telephoto), 1/4.0", 1.12µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0", 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.2, (macro), 1/5.0", 1.75µm
|Features||LED flash, HDR, panorama|
|Video||[email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected] (gyro-EIS)|
|Single||16 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3.0", 1.0µm|
|Loudspeaker||Yes, with stereo speakers|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO|
|USB||2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass|
|Size||Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery|
|Charging||Fast battery charging 18W|
|Colors||Smoke Black, Capri Blue|
|Price||About 230 EUR|
Compare Motorola Moto G8 Power price in Nigeria Online Stores 2020
Note: if the price on site is bigger than the manual indexed price it probably means that they temporary increased the price in order to offer a further discount. Our advice would be to wait until price drops again. If you want to help with manual indexing please contact us.
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in Jumia is currently not indexed – manual check here
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in Konga is currently not indexed – manual check here
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in Slot is currently not indexed – manual check here
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in Kara is currently not indexed – manual check here
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in Jiji is currently not indexed – manual check brand new or used. Please note that even phones sold as brand new are often removed from their original box and even used for few days or weeks, but usually you can negociate the price.
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price for ordering from abroad are never indexed, but we encourage you to always check Amazon.com or Amazon.in since they have very good prices!
Motorola Moto G8 Power price in other countries
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in United States is about 254 USD.
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in Saudi Arabia is about 956 Riyals (SAR).
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in Indonesia is about 3841873 Indonesian Rupiah (IDR).
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in India is about 18536 Indian Rupees (INR).
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in Bangladesh is about 21463 Taka (BDT).
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in Pakistan is about 42926 Pakistani Rupees (PKR).
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in South Africa is about 4293 Rands (ZAR).
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in Egypt is about 4000 Egyptian Pounds (EGP).
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in Kenya is about 27317 Kenyan Shillings (KSH).
- Motorola Moto G8 Power price in Ghana is about 1463 Cedis (GHS).