Huawei has unveiled a new midrange smartphone which is the Huawei Y7P. This is one of it’s latest midrange phones for 2020. It was first unveiled in Thailand with Y7P moniker, from the way things goes, it might arrive in Africa as the Y7 2020. Anyways, let’s check out the Huawei Y7P specs.
Huawei Y7P Key Specs & Features
- 6.39 inches IPS LCD Display, 720 x 1560 pixels (269 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie, EMUI 9.1
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 8 MP Front Camera
- Hisilicon Kirin 710F (12 nm) Processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Inbuilt Storage Expandable via SDcard
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear Mounted)
- 4G LTE
- 4000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
The back of this smartphone is made from plastic, it weighs around 176grams which means it is light weight and the frame is made from plastic. The Y7P is a compact phone as it has a dimension of 159.8 x 76.1 x 8.1 mm. Taking a look at the rear side, you can see a hybrid SIM slot.
Hybrid SIM slot can only contain two nano SIMS or a SIM and an SD card. The Y7P back is a home for triple cameras and beneath the lens is a single led flash. There is a fingerprint scanner at the center while the bottom houses the Huawei inscription.
The smartphone edges are slightly curved to fit well on your pam and there are two lines that ran across it to help with an easy grip. If you wish to get the phone, there is two color options to choose from which are Aurora Blue and Midnight Black.
Flipping to the front side, you are greeted with a 6.39inch HD+ display with a resolution of 720 by 1560 pixels. It has an aspect ratio of 19:5:9 and a ppi of 269. The smartphone uses an IPS LCD panel with up to 16M colours. It has a punch hole cutout for the selfie camera.
The chin and bezels are smaller which made it to have a screen to body ratio of 82.4%. Looking closely at the smartphone display top, there is a speaker grills for calls only. Comparing the display with the older Y7, it comes with a 6.26inch display and a dot notch.
Hardware & Software
When it comes to the hardware and software aspect of the smartphone, it is powered by a Hisilicon Kirin 710F which is under 12 nano metre chipset. The chipset has an Octa core processor with a speed of 2.2GHz. It runs on Android 9.0 pie with EMUI 9.1 on top.
For graphics or gaming, there is a Mali-G51 MP4 GPU responsible for that. The processor is also backed up by a 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. Incase if the storage is not enough, you can increase it through a micro SD card with shared SIM slot.
Photography wise, you get a triple camera setup at the rear which includes a 48MP camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP ultra wide with f/2.4 aperture and a 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture. On the front, it has an 8MP camera with f/2.0 aperture.
The rear camera can shoots a 1080p videos at 30fps while the front camera can shoot the same 1080p videos at 30fps. There is a single led flash at the rear which helps to support your photography in low lightening conditions. The selfie camera is located inside the punch hole cutout.
Coming to the power source here, the Huawei Y7P is powered by a 4,000mAh battery capacity which supports 10W charging speed. From my personal experience, a 10W charger can take this guy from 0% to 100% in 2hours time. It uses a micro USB cable.
Not a Type C cable, however it would have been nice though if Huawei implemented a USB C cable in this device. USB C is small, fast and easy to share files with. I expect every smartphone released in 2020 to come with a USB C cable.
For security, it uses a rear mounted fingerprint scanner. Connectivity options includes Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS and FM Radio.
Huawei Y7P Price in Nigeria & Availability
The Huawei Y7P price in Nigeria starts from N55,000 which translates to $153 USD and it’s Availablity in Nigeria is not yet confirmed but we guess it might be available soon.
Note: This price listed here is what the smartphone is priced abroad and not in Nigeria. It might be priced at this amount if it arrives in Nigeria but there is a huge possibility that the price will change if it arrives in Nigeria. Just take this price as a pinch of salt for now.
Thoughts on Huawei Y7P
Well, this smartphone is a decent midrange phone from Huawei. The specificications that it bears is quite contented regarding it’s price. I don’t know if this is going to be the Y7 Prime 2020 or Y7 2020, but if it should be, then is a good upgrade. Huawei Y7P specs is quite higher than it’s latters which is impressive.
Huawei Y7P - Full Specifications
|2G||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2|
|3G||HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100|
|4G||LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) - ART-L29
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 28(700), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) - ART-L28
|Speed||HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 400/50 Mbps|
|Announced||2020, February 6|
|Dimensions||159.8 x 76.1 x 8.1 mm (6.29 x 3.00 x 0.32 in)|
|Weight||176 g (6.21 oz)|
|Build||Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame|
|SIM||Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.39 inches, 100.2 cm2 (~82.4% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)|
|OS||Android 9.0 (Pie), EMUI 9.1|
|Chipset||Hisilicon Kirin 710F (12 nm)|
|CPU||Octa-core (4x2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)|
|Card slot||microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)|
|RAM/ROM||64GB 4GB RAM|
|Triple||48 MP, f/1.8, 27mm (wide), 1/2.0", 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.4, (ultrawide), 1/4.0", 1.12µm
2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5.0", 1.75µm, depth sensor
|Features||LED flash, HDR, panorama|
|Single||8 MP, f/2.0|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||5.0, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS|
|Sensors||Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass|
|Size||Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery|
|Charging||Battery charging 10W|
|Colors||Aurora Blue, Midnight Black|
|Price||About 140 EUR|
Compare Huawei Y7P price in Nigeria Online Stores 2020
Note: if the price on site is bigger than the manual indexed price it probably means that they temporary increased the price in order to offer a further discount. Our advice would be to wait until price drops again. If you want to help with manual indexing please contact us.
- Huawei Y7P price in Jumia is currently not indexed – manual check here
- Huawei Y7P price in Konga is currently not indexed – manual check here
- Huawei Y7P price in Slot is about 59900 Naira – manual check here
- Huawei Y7P price in Kara is currently not indexed – manual check here
- Huawei Y7P price in Jiji is currently not indexed – manual check brand new or used. Please note that even phones sold as brand new are often removed from their original box and even used for few days or weeks, but usually you can negociate the price.
- Huawei Y7P price for ordering from abroad are never indexed, but we encourage you to always check Amazon.com or Amazon.in since they have very good prices!
Huawei Y7P price in other countries
- Huawei Y7P price in United States is about 154 USD.
- Huawei Y7P price in Saudi Arabia is about 582 Riyals (SAR).
- Huawei Y7P price in Indonesia is about 2338542 Indonesian Rupiah (IDR).
- Huawei Y7P price in India is about 11283 Indian Rupees (INR).
- Huawei Y7P price in Bangladesh is about 13064 Taka (BDT).
- Huawei Y7P price in Pakistan is about 26129 Pakistani Rupees (PKR).
- Huawei Y7P price in South Africa is about 2613 Rands (ZAR).
- Huawei Y7P price in Egypt is about 2435 Egyptian Pounds (EGP).
- Huawei Y7P price in Kenya is about 16628 Kenyan Shillings (KSH).
- Huawei Y7P price in Ghana is about 891 Cedis (GHS).