The need for generators in Nigeria can not be over emphasized. With the power outage in Nigeria, every one is rushing to get a generator that will serve him well or to use in an industry. However, the main issue is not getting a generator but to get the best one.
You shouldn’t get a generator that you will use for a week and start visiting the mechanic workshop the next day. This post is created to give you the best generator prices in Nigeria. We have outlined the best ones in the market right now.
Although, generators are not the only source of power in Nigeria, there is another power source called solar energy which derives it’s energy from the sun and then converts it into electricity through the help of a device called inverter.
But in a situation whereby there is no sun or it isn’t a sunny day, especially in rainy season, you are going to get stuck and it pains the most if your job or work requires electricity. That is why generators are still the best reliable power source for most Nigerians.
With generators, you just need to top it up with enough fuel and oil, you are good to go. Below is the current prices of generators in Nigeria based on brands. I have listed it out by brands for ease of comprehension, you can search for existing models on Jumia or Konga or order them from abroad from Amazon.
Generator prices in Nigeria
1.Sumec Firman Generators
- 2.5KVA Sumec Firman SPG 2900 = N67,000 to N85,000 Naira.
- 3.1KVA Sumec Firman RD3910 = N99,000 to N115,000 Naira.
- 3.5KVA Sumec Firman ECO3990ES = N99,000 to N120,000 Naira.
- 3.5KVA Sumec Firman SPG3800E2 = N110,000 to N175,000 Naira.
- 3.5KVA Sumec Firman SPG4000E2 = N120,000 to N130,000 Naira.
- 6.5kVA Sumec Firman ECO8990ES = N230,000 to N280,000 Naira.
- 6.5KVA Sumec Firman SDG7000SE = N340,000 to N380,000 Naira.
- 7.6KVA Sumec Firman SPG8800E2 = N230,000 to N270,000 Naira.
- 8.2KVA Sumec Firman RD8910 = N210,000 to N230,000 Naira.
- 9.8KVA Sumec Firman ECO10990ES = N240,000 to N250,000 Naira.
- Firman 720VA SPG 1200 = N1,000 to N45,000 Naira.
- Firman 2.2KVA ECO 2990S = N75,000 to N89,000 Naira
- Firman 1.5KVA SPG 2200 = N37,000 to N95,000 Naira.
- Firman 6.1KW ECO 8990ES = N195,000 to N270,000 Naira.
- Firman 7KVA ECO 10990ES = N215,000 to N350,000 Naira.
Sumec Firman generator is one of the most popular generator brands in Nigeria. They are so popular because of their affordability when compared to other brands such as Elemax. Even though they are cheap, they are still high efficient, durable and stable.
No wonder the brand is selling well in the whole of Africa as well as in Asia. In Nigeria, the brand is selling their generator under three monikers which are “Sumec” “Firman” and “Sumec Firman”. So if you encounter any generator with this names, be rest assured that it is a product of Sumec.
Although, there might be a lot of counterfeits in the market but no need to be afraid because we have discovered a way of knowing an original Sumec Firman generator. Before getting any, make sure that you see “FIRMAN” engraved on the tank.
There can be other places where the name can be engraved on such as on air filter, carburetor, cylinder head cover, muffler, AVR, engine block and on an alternator rear frame. If after searching and you couldn’t detect the name on this parts, then it is not from Sumec, it is fake.
Even if you saw “Sumec Firman” on this parts, it is still fake because an original Sumec Firman general has only “Firman” engraved on the tank, muffler e.t.c. Another thing is to note how the “F” was written, Sumec usually has it’s F in a doted way.
Why you should get a Sumec Firman Generator
- Affordability: Sumec is by far the most affordable generator in Nigeria. If you compare it to other generator brands in Nigeria, you can see that it is Sumec that is most affordable. Their generators are solid and efficient.
- Low fuel consumption: Sumec Firman generators don’t consume much fuels and this also helps you to save some bucks. It is also decreases your maintenance cost over a period of time.
- Durability: Their generators are very solid. It comes with some parts that could be able to last very long without you needing to change it. Their generator components are resilient to long term use.
- Inbuilt AVR: This generators comes with an inbuilt AVR which will treat your appliances well. It produces a very stable voltage at all time.
Sumec Firman generators comes in different models such as SPG series, FPG series, Ruby series, ECO series, Industrial series and Rugged series.
- Honda EM650Z 450 VA Portable Low Noise Generator = N47,000 to N50,000 Naira.
- Honda EB1000 750 VA Generator = N50,000 to N55,000 Naira.
- Honda EB3000 2.3 KVA Generator (Recoil Start) = N115,000 to N125,000 Naira.
- Honda EB3000S 2.3 KVA Generator (Key Start) = N125,000 to N135,000 Naira.
- Honda EG4000 3.2 KVA Generator with D-AVR & OHV Engine = N180,000 to N200,000 Naira.
- Honda EG6500 5.0 KVA Generator with D-AVR & OHV Engine = N260,000 Naira to N277,000 Naira.
- Honda EU65iS 5.5 KVA Compact Low Noise Generator with built-in Inverter = N600,000 to N650,000 Naira.
- Honda EM10000 8 KVA Low Noise Generator = N915,000 to N1,200,000 Naira.
Honda has a lot of reputation in Nigeria. The brand has been known for their generator ruggedness, high efficiency and the economical fuel consumption. They are known for producing high tech and top notch electrical equipment.
If you take a look at the motorcycles they manufacture, you can see how they perform and should expect same thing on their generators too. Honda products has long existed in Nigeria and that is why every Nigerian would want a Honda generator because of their previous job.
When mentioning cheap and affordable generators in Nigeria and you don’t mention Honda, you don’t know what you are saying. Honda generators are relatively cheap and solid. Their parts are very strong and can last for a long time.
Honda generators comes in various sizes and power capabilities. However, you can never go wrong with the one you choose so far you know what you are using it for. You can get Honda generators online on the links previously mentioned, or you can also get them through Honda distributors or manufacturers.
What you should know about Honda generators
Honda has been around for decades and they have gained so much popularity over the last few years. They are one of the most popular and successful brands when it comes to power equipment and automobiles.
They started by manufacturing cars and motorcycles, later they started manufacturers some power equipment such as generators, water pumps, robots and so on. Honda engines are very solid, in fact, other brands makes use of Honda engines.
For example, Elemax and Tiger branded generators comes with engines of Honda. For this great success, counterfeiters has started looking forward to Honda generators. To make sure you are getting an original Honda generator, it is advisable to visit Honda accredited dealers or purchase from the brand directly.
You can also return faulty ones if you purchase from an accredited Honda dealers because they offer warranty on each products. Here is some of the reasons you should get a Honda generator.
Why you should get a Honda generator
- Portability: Honda generators are very easy to carry around. They are made of good materials that will ease you off carrying them around. The series of Honda generators that is most light weight is the EU series.
They are light weight and some of them even comes with tyres, so you can push them to your desired destination.
- Power and Reliability: Honda generators are very reliable, they can run 12hours without any problem. They provide very consistent and steady power to your home or offices. Honda genes comes with a built-in ECO Throttle feature which optimizes the engines speed depending on the appliance in use.
- Comfortable to use: They are very comfortable to use, some of this generators comes with a key start or recoil start. When on, their generators are pretty silent up to 49 to 60 decibels.
- Tiger Generator TG1400 = N25,000 to N32,000 Naira.
- Tiger Generator TG1500/1550 = N25,350 to N35,000 Naira.
- Tiger Generator TG1450 = N27,000 to N28,500 Naira.
- Tiger Generator TG2700 = N65,000 to N80,000 Naira.
- Tiger Manual Gasoline Generator = N31,270 to N33,000 Naira.
- Tiger Generator TG1200 700VA = N19,000 to N25,000 Naira.
- Tiger TG950 650VA generator = N10,000 to N14,000 Naira.
- Tiger TPG3000 2.5KVA with key and wheel = N47,000 to N53,000 Naira.
- Tiger TPG3000 2.5KVA = N39,000 to N43,000 Naira.
- Tiger TPG2900 2.0KVA with wheels = N36,000 to N40,000 Naira.
- Tiger TPG2900E2 2.2KVA Generator with key = N35,000 to N39,000 Naira.
- Tiger TG1800 900VA generator = N23,000 to N27,000 Naira.
- Tiger TPG6500E2 5.0KVA generator = N73,500 to N80,000 Naira.
- Tiger TPG2500 2.0KVA Generator = N34,000 to N46,000 Naira.
- Tiger TPG3200EX 2.5KVA generator = N31,000 to N35,000 Naira.
Tiger Generator is the most popular generator brand in Nigeria. There is no Nigerian you will ask of Tiger generator that he won’t tell you about. In fact, this is the first generator that every Nigerian used in the late 2003.
The generator is popularly known as “I big pass my neighbour” Tiger is known for producing the best generators below 2KVA and a lot of people who normally uses it are beauty salons, small business centres, small businesses like electricians and many homes use Tiger generators.
They are the king of portability, you can easily hold a Tiger generator with one hand, it is very light weight. The generators are very cheap and affordable too. Due to unstable power supply in Nigeria, the demand for Tiger generators is increasing day by day.
You can buy Tiger generators anywhere in the country but it is advisable to purchase from branded shops such as LG or Samsung. Generator brands sold in this kind of place are of high quality and reliable. Without being said, there are some things you need to know about Tiger generators.
What you needed to know about Tiger generators
Tiger generators are low efficient generators which is made for powering low power consuming appliances such as bulbs, TV and some set of fans. That’s why it is recommended for home use or small business use.
It is not recommended for industrial use at all. This generators has a power ranging from 700watts to 8KVA and they are rated 50Hz. It is very fuel efficient and easy to maintain with low cost. Their parts are available in the whole country.
Don’t ever try to overload a Tiger generator and it is recommended that you don’t leave it on for more than 6hours. It is good to switch off any high energy consuming appliances when you want to use a Tiger generator such as electric boilers, electric iron, heaters and Air conditioners because it might cause harm and danger to your Tiger generator.
Why you should get a Tiger generator
- Low cost maintenance: Tiger parts are very cheap and thus easy to maintain. Unlike some of other generator brands that you will travel mills away to get their part, the Tiger generator parts are available every where. Just walk into any electric shop supplier and get one.
- Low fuel consumption: Tiger generators consumes less fuel than other generator. 1 litre of fuel can last you for 3hours with a Tiger generator. You just need to mix engine oil and the fuel together and you are done.
- Portability: Tiger generators are very easy to carry. You don’t need any car or motorcycle to carry the generator. With one hand, you will take your generator to your desired location at your home.
- Affordability: Tiger generators are very affordable too. They are cheap and an average citizen can get hold of a Tiger generator, that is why it is so popular and good for home or small businesses.
Safety tips for using a Tiger generator
- Don’t use Tiger generators indoors, make sure you set it 15feet away from your house because of the harmful carbon monoxide that it produce.
- Never connect it into a wall socket unless it is separated from the service lines.
- Ensure that the generator is protected from sun. If you don’t have a generator house, try to build one to protect it again sun damage and fuel draining. It is also good against theft.